Corporate Events & Special functions
The haunting and eerie atmosphere of the West Wing provides a dramatic environment for that special event! As we are open as a heritage centre, organisers can have access to the Gaol from 17.00 on the day of the event.
- Gala Dinners – 150 to 190 persons maximum ( 70 persons minimum )
- Promotions & Product Launches
- Lectures/Recitals & Exhibitions
- Civil Wedding Ceremonies
- Photo shoots.
- Leisure Activities
- Team Building – GAOL QUEST – A new fun TEAM BUILDING EVENT set in the unique surroundings of Cork City Gaol.
- Each Event is customised to the particular clients needs and requirements. The Caterers can make all the arrangements e.g. entertainment etc. The acoustics in the West Wing are fantastic and suit all types of music. We have had Jazz, Classical, Opera, Irish Traditional and Choral. Caterers can make all arrangements with regard to drinks. If there is to be a pay bar, it is necessary for them to apply for a special licence. As we open throughout the year as a Heritage Centre we would usually only be available in the nights from 6.30pm. There may be some opportunity for earlier events during December and January. Parking is available inside the Gaol Complex. The grounds of the Gaol provide ample opportunities for the erection of Marquees should a client require more capacity then the West Wing.
- Prior to accepting a booking, we ask you to visit the Cork City Gaol in person to discuss your requirements and to meet with our designated caterers/function organisers who have experience with the facilities at the Gaol.
- For current Venue Charge, availability and details of designated caterers & suppliers please Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison Tait – Musgraves
held Gala Banquet and found Gaol and Caterers extremely helpful and professional and they endeavored to facilitate all our requirements where possible. Feedback from attendees was that it was a wonderful experience, and the setting was absolutely fantastic and we could not have asked for a better location. I would certainly hold another event at the Gaol and wouldn’t hesitate in recommending it to others.
Niamh Shanahan – Trasna Communications
everyone absolutely thrilled with the venue and my clients were delighted with the results from the Launch. We really did appreciate your helpfulness and flexibility with the location.
Aileen Burke – Waterford
Thank you so much for all your help . . . . the place was beautiful. Everyone was amazed with the surroundings. . . thank you so much.
Mary O’Keeffe – AOIFA (following National Festival of Flowers)
while at times it seemed daunting the Gaol Management were always so supportive and positive about the project – we could not but make it a great success. Thank you for your patience and understanding at all times.
J O’Reilly Tours
sincere thanks for the excellent service shown to the group of Top Executives who dined at the Gaol ……all were delighted with the service we received at the Gaol.. As a venue for this type of event it is superb and it was a pleasure to work with you and the professionalism shown was faultless.
Susan – Musgraves
I just wanted to say thank you very much for your attention to detail and use of the meeting room last Friday.
Catherine – World Ghost Convention
Grateful thanks for all your kind interest and continued support . . . another ‘spirited’ night at Cork City Gaol!